Map

My map to healthy living in Prague


View Healthy in Prague in a larger map

Mlsná kavka

Yesterday I had a wonderful evening at Green Drinks in Mlsná kavka ('Picky Jackdaw'), a vegetarian restaurant near Florenc, which combines quality vegetarian meals with occupation for people less-favored on the labor market under one roof and in one kitchen.



The restaurant has a nice atmosphere, created by the two different parts of the restaurant and the lovely decorations.

Mlsná kavka has a simple menu, but with wonderful dishes such as Zucchini rolls and Portobello steak. To go with that, they serve some nice wines, fresh orange juice and homemade lemonade, all worth a try. The menu changes every season, since they use seasonal ingredients.



On Sundays they also have the possibility to have a brunch from 11:00 - 15:00 (11AM - 3PM). On the menu are soups, omelettes, bagels, salty cakes, and varried sallads. And of course some sweets: muffins, croissants, donuts, freshly squeezed orange juice and more.



What I didn't know when I came in, or even up to the moment one of my messmates told me, is that Mlsná kavka is a training cafe, where people with mental illness can regain self-confidence and skills important to return to the open labor market. Civic Association Green Doors brought the concept of training cafes to the Czech Republic and I think it's a great one. Of course a part of my interest in this comes from my former job as a reintegration coach in the Netherlands. Still, I think more initiatives like this should exist and I'm definitely going to support this one with more visits!



Opening hours
Monday - Saturday: 11:30 - 23:00 (11:30AM - 11PM)
Sunday: 11:00 - 23:00 (11AM - 11PM)

Website
Mlsná kavka: http://www.mlsnakavka.cz/en
Green Doors: http://www.greendoors.cz/english

Phone
+420 777 913 054

Address
Sokolovská 327/29
Praha 8

Public transport
Metro: Florenc (B, C)
Tram: Florenc (8, 24), Těšnov (3, 5)


Grotere kaart weergeven

No comments:

Post a Comment