Map

My map to healthy living in Prague


View Healthy in Prague in a larger map

Zelená mapa Prahy (Prague Green Map)

When I was at the Trojské vinobraní (Trojan vintage) today, I talked to a nice guy from the company Auto*Mat. I had to admit I did not know them yet, but the huge Zelená mapa Prahy (Prague Green Map) had drawn my attention.



The zelená mapa is a map of Prague, which tells you where you can find a good veggie or a non-smoking restaurant. Or which café has bicycle stands. Where you can buy organic products. Which route is most pleasant for a walk between Dejvice and Karlín. Where the alternative music clubs are. And much more.

"First of all it’s a map of places, not of transportation, but a map of places where you can stand for a while, where you can enjoy the city, where you can sit, where you can walk in a nice environment." - Vratislav Filler, Auto*Mat

All together: this map is going to make my quest so much easier!



On the site you can find a digital version of the map, as well as a (huge) list of location where you can get the map for free. The list includes Farmářské tržiště, Lehka Hlava, Maitrea and Pražská botanická zahrada. I hope I will have time to visit all the other places as well and write about them here!

Like I said, the map is a product of Auto*Mat, a pretty cool company. It's an initiative aiming to transform Prague into a pleasant and liveable city. It defends the rights of pedestrians, advocates for better cycling infrastructure as well as public transport and aims at reducing automotive traffic. They stand for reducing our environmental footprint and I think that's very cool!

Auto*Mat is also the organiser of the event Zažít město jinak (experience the city differently) on Saturday September 22nd. Maybe I'll see you there!


Website
http://zelenamapa.cz
www.auto-mat.cz

No comments:

Post a Comment